Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need the premier version if I don't have any capital gains/losses this year, but I need to carry forward capital losses from previous years?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I need the premier version if I don't have any capital gains/losses this year, but I need to carry forward capital losses from previous years?

No, you do not need to use the Premier version to report your Capital Loss Carry Forwards. All versions of TurboTax can support this and any other deductions/credits you may have.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

No, you do not need to use the Premier version to report your Capital Loss Carry Forwards. All versions of TurboTax can support this and any other deductions/credits you may have.

I too am not showing the capital loss carrying forward from 2017. Is there an issue with the 2017 program perhaps that this is not carrying to 2018?