Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sumac81

Do I need to include foreign income from working in the UK if im a factual resident of Canada?

I'm Canadian and living abroad for a year, I've earned some money here in the UK on top of my T4 in Canada and am just very confused on how my tax return works now as everything tax wise and income tax wise is different over in the UK.
3 Replies

Do I need to include foreign income from working in the UK if im a factual resident of Canada?

Yes. You will still need to enter your UK income on your Canadian tax return, as it is needed to calculate income based credits. 

FYI: You can read the tax treaty between Canada & the UK here: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/programs/tax-policy/tax-treaties/country/united-kingdom-...

sumac81

Okay thank you.

How can I get someone to review my taxes as I don't have a Canadian number to book an appointment.

Unfortunately, our tax experts can't call outside of Canada.