Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entered all my T5008 Statement of Securities Transactions. Income summary showed Capital Gains as $0.00 What Happened?

Entered 14 Statement of Securities Transaction on 2022 T5008
My Income Summary showed Capital Gains $0.00
How do I fix this? I definitely have Capital Gains
1 Reply

Entered all my T5008 Statement of Securities Transactions. Income summary showed Capital Gains as $0.00 What Happened?

If you have entered all your T5008 statements of securities transactions and the income summary is showing a capital gain of $0.00, it is likely that the total proceeds from the sale of securities were equal to the adjusted cost base (ACB) of the securities.

The adjusted cost base is the cost of acquiring the securities, plus any additional expenses, such as brokerage fees, that were incurred in the purchase. If the proceeds from the sale of the securities are equal to the ACB, then there is no capital gain or loss to report.

It is also possible that some of the transactions may have been mistakenly entered incorrectly, or that there were errors in the T5008 statements that you received. You may want to review the entries and compare them with the statements to ensure that everything was entered correctly. If you are still having issues, you can contact TurboTax support telephone experts for further assistance, as they can see your screen and help you.

For more information, visit our TurboTax FAQ: T5008 Slip – Statement of Securities Transactions

Canada Revenue Agency(CRA): T5008 Statement of Securities Transactions – slip information for individuals

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.