Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmorchyk

Entered into commonlaw in 2015.It was her home,I matched original down payment.In 2017 I left relation and only got that amount back. How do I record sale of residence?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Entered into commonlaw in 2015.It was her home,I matched original down payment.In 2017 I left relation and only got that amount back. How do I record sale of residence?

You will then enter it as you owned 50% of the value of the house. Then deem the disposition as your 50% - which you'd be entitled to since you were actually buying the house since your name was on the deed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Was the house in your name also?
jmorchyk

Yes.   My name was added to the title when I moved in with her.  I only asked for the amount i put in,  not based on current valuation

You will then enter it as you owned 50% of the value of the house. Then deem the disposition as your 50% - which you'd be entitled to since you were actually buying the house since your name was on the deed.