Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quiblat

Good afternoon. I just need to know which Turbotax version I need. I am an Uber driver with rental property and I have 2 other people to do their taxes for.

As mentioned, I am an Uber driver with rental property. I also have to do my girlfriends taxes and our daughters who is 19 years old. We all live in the same house. My girlfriend would also have to declare income property and our daughter is a student who works part time. Therefore, I need to know which version do I have to get. Do I have to buy 3 different versions for the 3 of us?

Thank you.

1 Reply

Good afternoon. I just need to know which Turbotax version I need. I am an Uber driver with rental property and I have 2 other people to do their taxes for.

As an Uber partner, your best solution is TurboTax Self-Employed for your and your spouse's returns (preparing both of your returns together is recommended). Along with step-by-step guidance in the business section, TurboTax Self-Employed has lots of tips for claiming your business expenses.

For your daughter's return, I recommend either TurboTax Free or TurboTax Standard. It sounds like her return is quite simple so try out TurboTax Free. If you need that extra guidance for her return, you can always upgrade to Standard and not lose a single entry.

Learn more about TurboTax Self-Employed for Uber partners here: www.turbotax.ca/uber