Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi! I arrived in Canada april 2022, so would I click yes in change in residency then? cuz the question under that is did you move to or away from Canada in 2022?

1 Reply

Hi! I arrived in Canada april 2022, so would I click yes in change in residency then? cuz the question under that is did you move to or away from Canada in 2022?

After you move here to Canada, if your residency status has been changed, then you have to say "Yes"; otherwise, the answer should be "No." 

For the sub-question, answer "Move to" since you arrived in Canada in April 2022.

If you click "No", you are eligible for Climate Action Incentives if you live in a certain province or territory and meet eligibility criteria. Please visit the link provided for further explanations:

CRA:  Line 45110 – Climate action incentive

For those who would prefer to talk to an expert, TurboTax Live allows you to have someone in your corner to provide you with the guidance you need to file your first return confidently. Our TurboTax Live Full-Service Experts would be more than happy to prepare and file your return on your behalf while you relax.

Please visit the link provided for further clarifications:

TurboTax: Tax Filing Tips for Newcomers to Canada

TurboTax: New Permanent Residents Filing a Return

TurboTax: Things for Newcomers to Remember When Filing Taxes

Please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter if you require further assistance.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.