Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gwen2

How do I delete a mortgage lender from the list that applies to the home office deduction in the online Deluxe product?

I have multiple homes so only two of my three lenders apply to the home office. When I try to remove one from the list in the home office section, the lender is removed from the entire return, which I don't want. How do I make sure only the appropriate lenders are included here without losing the interest deduction for my second home?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Cyclista

How do I delete a mortgage lender from the list that applies to the home office deduction in the online Deluxe product?

Hi There,

You mention you are using the Deluxe product. Are you preparing a US return? If so, you are on the Canadian community. I'm not familiar with the data entry fields in the US product, but if you are a commissioned employee you may be eligible to include mortgage expenses in your home office deduction, but rather than try remove a mortgage lender, perhaps you could try to indicate that you have $0 owing to that lender?

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Cyclista

Hi There,

You mention you are using the Deluxe product. Are you preparing a US return? If so, you are on the Canadian community. I'm not familiar with the data entry fields in the US product, but if you are a commissioned employee you may be eligible to include mortgage expenses in your home office deduction, but rather than try remove a mortgage lender, perhaps you could try to indicate that you have $0 owing to that lender?

Hope this helps!