Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pavlenko1

How can I return taxes for the apartment rent if I live with a friend and we pay for the apartment together

In the information about the payment of trends, should I write the full amount of rent or how much do I pay in half with a friend?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
pavlenko1

How can I return taxes for the apartment rent if I live with a friend and we pay for the apartment together

Are the utilities included in the rental amount ?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

What province are you in?

pavlenko1

British Columbia

You would put in the total rent you paid for however many months you lived in the rented home. So, if you lived there for 12 months, then you would put in the total for the year. If you are sharing with a room mate, then you would only put in the amount of rent that you paid yourself.

pavlenko1

Are the utilities included in the rental amount ?

If you pay utilities separately, then no, they should not be included as part of the rent.

pavlenko1

Thanks a lot!