Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtltax99

How can we report carry-forward of net capital losses for quebec (tp-729-v)?

This can be reported on form TP-729-V, but it doesn't seem available in any version. This is needed to offset capital losses from gains for Quebec.

5 Replies
TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

With the TurboTax CD/Download version, you can apply your net capital losses from other years on your TP1 line 290.  To access your previous year Net Capital Losses you can go directly to the QLOSS TurboTax worksheet in form mode.

• click on the Forms icon in your Toolbar. You can go back to EasyStep mode by clicking the EasyStep icon in your Toolbar afterwards
  •  do the Ctrl + F key combination on your keyboard --> type QLOSS --> click OK
mtltax99

Line 290 will only take the value of Before May 23 1985 from the QLOSS worksheet. And even if I override it, I need to fill TP-729-V to declare the losses which is not found in the software.
mtltax99

mtltax99

UFile, HR Block, DR Tax and TP1 among many other all support form TP-729. It seems you don't have this in your software. Is this planned to be added in the future?
denislpelletier
Returning Member

Same question for me. Have finally get a trick to override the amount in line 290? Tanks, Denis P