Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsrakkar

I already had a rental property before but bought an other rental in 2017. Where should I enter this info?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I already had a rental property before but bought an other rental in 2017. Where should I enter this info?

I'm assuming you are using the online edition of TurboTax Premier. Once you enter all the details of your first rental property, TurboTax will prompt you to enter another rental property if you have any. On the Rental Summary page that appears at the end of entering your existing rental property, you will see Enter New Rental Income for <name> near the lower-right area of your screen. Click this button to enter details of your new rental property.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I'm assuming you are using the online edition of TurboTax Premier. Once you enter all the details of your first rental property, TurboTax will prompt you to enter another rental property if you have any. On the Rental Summary page that appears at the end of entering your existing rental property, you will see Enter New Rental Income for <name> near the lower-right area of your screen. Click this button to enter details of your new rental property.