Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am non-resident of Canada.. got rental income from Canada, so will file Section 216.. Employed in US.. Can i use turbo tax canada software to file my taxes to CRA?

1 Reply

I am non-resident of Canada.. got rental income from Canada, so will file Section 216.. Employed in US.. Can i use turbo tax canada software to file my taxes to CRA?

Yes, you may file your taxes through TurboTax Canada to file taxes for CRA. As per our TurboTax article: Taxation for Non-Residents:  If you are a non-resident, you need to file a special tax return – Form 5013-R T1 (Income Tax and Benefit Return for Non-Residents and Deemed Residents of Canada). Most filers use their Social Insurance Number on these forms, but if you don’t have one, obtain an Individual Tax Number using Form T1261 (Application for a CRA ITN for Non-Residents). You may have to file additional forms depending on the type of income you earn.  Part XIII tax applies to dividends, rental payments, old age pensions, retirement income payments and annuity payments as well as other types of investment income.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.