Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using turbo tax standard. Can I enter foreign rental income?

entered rental income for T776. but Can't enter foreign rental income
5 Replies

Please note- to enter foreign rental income: For Foreign Rental Property enter your Canadian home postal code for the Postal Code for the property and your home province for the Province. In the Address for the property, fill out as much of the property's address as will fit, including the equivalent of the postal code (such as a ZIP code for US addresses). Note that the CRA's NETFILE/EFILE servers will accept only the first 30 characters of the address.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thank you for your response. 
Rental income was entered in the rental income section for T776 then I moved to ‘Foreign tax credits’. There is no item for ‘real property income’  only shows like this ‘investment/pension income’, ‘investment income of real property, ‘foreign employee income’, ‘other foreign non business income’ 

I need to enter foreign rental income and foreign tax paid. 

You will enter  your foreign rental income the same place as you did your Canadian just using the information I gave you above. As for  your foreign tax paid- you will go to the top left and click on "FIND" type in foreign tax paid and GO- there you will be able to enter the information required. 

613mit00

I filled in the T776 as instructed for my US property using Ontario as the province and my Canadian postal code.

My problem is that I need to enter into the foreign tax credit worksheet my real property income and foreign non business tax on my real property income and am unable to do so.  When I click on these slots I am taken to the Tslips and there are no Tslips for my real estate i.e. the income comes through the T776.

I have the Turbo Tax Home and Business Version and I do not see any find button.

Please let me know how I can complete the foreign tax worksheet so that it reflects my real property income and the non business tax on my real property income..

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.