Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I enter my tax installments paid on the year in my profile, but it does not adjust the amount owing.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I enter my tax installments paid on the year in my profile, but it does not adjust the amount owing.

The defect with instalments has been resolved.

The amount you entered for instalments before the defect was resolved may have been incorrectly attributed as a contribution to the Amateur Athlete Trust (AAT).

To verify and correct:

1.    Sign in to your TurboTax Online return

2.    Select Setting Up from the menu across the top and then choose Profile from the menu

3.    Select the Save button on the Your income and work related expenses section to move to the Registered savings plans and investments section

4.    Answer Yes to the question Did you make contributions to a retirement plan such as an RRSP, PRPP, a Registered Pension Plan, or the Saskatchewan Pension Plan?

5.    Select the checkbox I contributed income to an Amateur athlete trust (AAT)

6.    If there is amount in the box for the AMT, remove it

7.    Uncheck the box I contributed income to an Amateur athlete trust (AAT)

Alternatively, you can choose to start a new return. To start a new return, select Return Manager from the black menu across the top of your screen.

You can verify that your instalments are being properly considered on your Detailed Tax Summary.

To view your Detailed Tax Summary:

1.    Continue through the profile until then menu across the top appears

2.    Open the menu beside the refund ticker on the left-hand side by selecting the down arrow

3.    Select the View detailed summary link

4.    Your instalment amount will appear on line 476 of your detailed summary

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The defect with instalments has been resolved.

The amount you entered for instalments before the defect was resolved may have been incorrectly attributed as a contribution to the Amateur Athlete Trust (AAT).

To verify and correct:

1.    Sign in to your TurboTax Online return

2.    Select Setting Up from the menu across the top and then choose Profile from the menu

3.    Select the Save button on the Your income and work related expenses section to move to the Registered savings plans and investments section

4.    Answer Yes to the question Did you make contributions to a retirement plan such as an RRSP, PRPP, a Registered Pension Plan, or the Saskatchewan Pension Plan?

5.    Select the checkbox I contributed income to an Amateur athlete trust (AAT)

6.    If there is amount in the box for the AMT, remove it

7.    Uncheck the box I contributed income to an Amateur athlete trust (AAT)

Alternatively, you can choose to start a new return. To start a new return, select Return Manager from the black menu across the top of your screen.

You can verify that your instalments are being properly considered on your Detailed Tax Summary.

To view your Detailed Tax Summary:

1.    Continue through the profile until then menu across the top appears

2.    Open the menu beside the refund ticker on the left-hand side by selecting the down arrow

3.    Select the View detailed summary link

4.    Your instalment amount will appear on line 476 of your detailed summary

We're working on an issue with instalments. This will be resolved in the next day or two. We'll post an update as soon as it's resolved.