Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't have the items listed (ie. "sold stocks, bonds...; sold home" etc.) but insists I need to upgrade to Premier service. Is there a glitch in your system?

I had the same issue. I had originally answered yes to "Did you have income from investments, and had also selected Yes to the underlying question about "Interest income not reported on a slip".

It took  me a while to figure out that clicking No on the top level question did not reset the underlying answers to No. When I reset all of the underlying questions, I was able to proceed with Turbo Tax Standard.

I don't have the items listed (ie. "sold stocks, bonds...; sold home" etc.) but insists I need to upgrade to Premier service. Is there a glitch in your system?

You are awesome! Thank you very much. That worked!
jason23
Returning Member

I had the same issue as msalcioglu, but am still being asked to upgrade. I changed the top-level "did you have income from investments such as interest earned on investments" to No, then back to Yes, checked T5, and then answered No to all of the subsequent questions.

@jason - I cannot replicate the issue you are describing, unless I accept the upgrade, then try to go back. If that is the case, and it shows you are in the Premier/Home&Business version, click the Tools menu and select Return Manager, then create a new return. If it still requires you to upgrade, then by all means email me to get a code to cover the upgrade costs. tax_support@intuit.com
bigben1

@TurboTaxClint, I am still having the same issue.  It says I have to upgrade because:

"You told us you have one or more of the following:
Sold stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate or other investment property.
Interest, dividend or partnership income not reported on a slip.
Sold an automobile, jewelry, art work or other listed personal property.
Sold your home, condo, cottage or apartment that was not exclusively for personal use.
Income and/or expenses from a rental property."

I only have income from investments that are reported on a T-Slip (a T5 and T5008).  Is the Standard  version no longer sufficient for this income? I also have sold a home that was my primary residence, so do not have to report it.   I have not interest, dividend or partnership income that is not reported on a slip, and selected "no" to this question.  

On the Tax Profile summary, it says I have these:
Employment Income and Expenses
Interest, trust, dividend and partnership income and expenses

Why am I still being asked to upgrade to Premier?  I have been a long-time user of TurboTax and its predecessors and these changes are very frustrating.

@TurboTaxClint I am having the same issues. it is telling me
You told us you have one or more of the following:
    Income or deductions not reported on a slip.
    RRSP contributions.

Which is not the case! I do have my income in my T4 and no RRSP contributions.

Please help.

Same problem, no RRSP and no other income but being asked to upgrade. Going to another tax program.