Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a residential rental for 1 unit , I live the same house and I earn $500 per month,yearly $6000 in 2014 only,do I need to skip this page ?, no continue box

I have a residential rental for 1 unit , I live the same house and I earn $500 per month,yearly $6000,last year only.The question T776-Capital cost and allowance class#1 for 2013,I didn't get any rental income , my tenant started rent 2014 only, do I need to blank the page because I didn't earn any rental income in 2013, there is no continue box unless I enter some amount?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a residential rental for 1 unit , I live the same house and I earn $500 per month,yearly $6000 in 2014 only,do I need to skip this page ?, no continue box

The capital cost allowance has nothing to do with income from 2013.  It relates to depreciation on the residence which should not be taken.  You should be able to enter zero in that box to continue.  It will be zero from 2013 and leave blank or zero in additions in 2014.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The capital cost allowance has nothing to do with income from 2013.  It relates to depreciation on the residence which should not be taken.  You should be able to enter zero in that box to continue.  It will be zero from 2013 and leave blank or zero in additions in 2014.