Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deb_boyce

I'm trying to include an address on the capital gains section for the sale of real estate but the portal blocks that box and says address not necessary. How to fix?

The form will allow me to include a description under the corporation name, which isn't really applicable, but I'm not sure if that box will show the information once the who claim is complete. Any suggestions?
4 Replies

I'm trying to include an address on the capital gains section for the sale of real estate but the portal blocks that box and says address not necessary. How to fix?

Are you using TurboTax Business Incorporated? If so, you can contact the dedicated support team for assistance. You can find the chat here: https://public-consumer-chat.app.intuit.com/app/ccs/consumer?experienceId=ttbInc. Agents are available 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST, Monday to Friday.

deb_boyce

No, to clarify, this is for the deemed disposition of a condo (changing from residing in it to a rental but it is not a principal residence). Category is real estate but the form won't let me add text to the "address" box, says it is not necessary, which I find baffling. 

I will report this issue to our product development team. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

In the meantime, you can enter the address in the box labeled “Corporation name and share class or name of issuer” as choosing Real Estate/Depreciable/Other at the top will put the text into the description box of the Real Estate/Depreciable/Other part of Schedule 3.

deb_boyce

Thank you!