Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I moved over 40 kilometers in 2019 to a new location for work. I rented an apartment until my home was ready to move into February of 2020. How is that stated here?

1 Reply

I moved over 40 kilometers in 2019 to a new location for work. I rented an apartment until my home was ready to move into February of 2020. How is that stated here?

Moving expenses are claimed by completing the T1-M Moving Expense Form and claimed on Line 21900 – Moving ExpensesUse form T1-M, Moving Expenses Deduction to calculate all of the moving expenses that you are able to claim on line 21900 of your T1 return. You do not need to attach the T1-M form to your return, nor do you need to attach all of the receipts and documents to support the claim, but you must keep these receipts and documents on hand if the Canada Revenue Agency requests that you provide support for your claim.

NOTE:

• Since you moved over 40kms for work, you may be eligible for Moving Expenses
  • Temporary living expenses such as your apartment rent, is also eligible as a moving expense.

For more information, please see:

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us