Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased 4 condo units this year, all in the same building. Do I need to prepare 4 T776s since there were 4 individual purchases for the 4 units?

I made 3 separate purchases for condo's in the same building. One transaction for 2 units, and 2 more transactions for 1 unit each. Do I need to fill out 3 T776 forms?

Also, do I put the purchase information in the "Equipment and other property additions in the year" section or the "Building additions in the year" section?

Thanks!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I purchased 4 condo units this year, all in the same building. Do I need to prepare 4 T776s since there were 4 individual purchases for the 4 units?

You can add all the Condos on one rental form.  You will report totals of rent and expenses.  You will add them as additions to class 1 building additions.  Definitely not under equipment.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can add all the Condos on one rental form.  You will report totals of rent and expenses.  You will add them as additions to class 1 building additions.  Definitely not under equipment.