Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjlien

I want to claim nursing home rent as opposed to the disability amount. Do I have to answer incorrectly to the question "Did you have a disability?"

Seems the only way to NOT claim the disability amount is by suggesting that I do not have a severe physical disability.  As soon as I choose the correct answer the software enters the disability amount in my forms?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I want to claim nursing home rent as opposed to the disability amount. Do I have to answer incorrectly to the question "Did you have a disability?"

You will need to answer no to the question of Claiming the Disability. However your information on file with CRA will not be changed.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Tipep

I have same issue ... how did you solve?
cjlien

TurboTax help suggests the question is included in the "Profile" section, but it's actually back in the "Introduction" section on the lower part of the "Contact Info" page.  Choose No to "Are you Disabled? " and the disability amount questions won't come up later during your expenses.  I'm assuming here that you are using Easy-Step.
Tipep

What if I am not using Easy-Step?

If using the Forms area of Turbo Tax Desk Top software the question will be located on the "DTC" worksheet in the taxpayers return.

You will need to answer no to the question of Claiming the Disability. However your information on file with CRA will not be changed.

Tipep

Where do we find that question?
cjlien

The "Contact Info" page of the "Introduction" section at the very beginning of Easy-Step.
Tipep

what if I am not using Easy-Step?

If using the Forms area of Turbo Tax Desk Top software the question will be located on the "DTC" worksheet in the taxpayers return.