Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tipep

I want to claim nursing home rent as opposed to the disability amount. Do I have to answer incorrectly to the question "Did you have a disability?"

when I answer NO to "Did you have a disability", the $10,000 cap on the MEDICAL form remains whereas I should be allowed to claim more than $10,000???
Tipep

I want to claim nursing home rent as opposed to the disability amount. Do I have to answer incorrectly to the question "Did you have a disability?"

... AND it does not allow me to claim the disability amount for Quebec??? I think there is a bug here. I should not have to answer incorrectly as to whether I have a disability or not. I should be given the choice to elect to not receive the federal disability amount, to claim more than $10,000 cap on the MEDICAL form and to claim the QUebec diability amount. PLEASE help!
Tipep

But i'm not using easy-step

Note that you will have Disability answered as Yes in the Intro section of Turbo Tax.

Tipep

But I am not using Easy-Step!

You may need to override the amount on the DTC worksheet.