Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdoneill

I was deemed non resident by the CRA in June 2023. I must enter the date I left Canada so my basic exemption is calculated correctly. Where can I enter this on Turbotax?

I can't find where on Turbotax to enter my departure date, which means that some deductions like my basic exemption are zero, where they should be prorated for the half year I am in Canada. Please help me find where to enter this information.
3 Replies

I was deemed non resident by the CRA in June 2023. I must enter the date I left Canada so my basic exemption is calculated correctly. Where can I enter this on Turbotax?

Are you using TurboTax Online or TurboTax Download?

DanCathy1951
Returning Member

I filled  our tax return 2023 for member Daniel A Riviere and Catherine Riviere online March 07,2024

payment Mastercard last 4 digits 1498 transaction PC Financial World Elite Card amount of transaction $47.04 March 07.2024

When I completed the on line filling and the Tax filling was on the Intuit TurboTax website .

I was given the refund amount and the told  by Turbo Tax the filling shall  be sent to CRA ,As I viewed my CRA account on line and replied no Tax 2023 not filed on the note I accessed my Inuit TurboTax account and found no filled information to my summitted Tax return 2023 . What happened to the Tax return filled on March 07,2024 as Inuit Turbo Tax received all the information and stated they where sending to CRA .

Did you use our TurboTax Full Service or did you complete the tax returns on your own? 

Please make sure that you filed the return: 

Open your return:

1. Select File from the left menu.
  2. Review your order if you haven't already.
  3. Select Start next to file your return.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to NETFILE your return.
  5. Once you have NetFIled the return, you will get a CRA NetFile confirmation number. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.