Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I worked abroad in China for ten months, five in 2014 and five in 2015. I was taxed by China, but received no documentation of taxes or payments. How do I do my return?

I was a teacher who was paid monthly. The Chinese government automatically taxed my income. I do not have documentation of the total income or the taxes taken. Turbotax tells me that I was a factual resident during this time, but not knowing the totals I earned is making things complicated. How do I process this?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I worked abroad in China for ten months, five in 2014 and five in 2015. I was taxed by China, but received no documentation of taxes or payments. How do I do my return?

You will need to make some kind of educated guess.  It is up to you to keep track of your income.  Telling CRA that you have no idea how much you made is likely to have unsatisfactory consequences.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You will need to make some kind of educated guess.  It is up to you to keep track of your income.  Telling CRA that you have no idea how much you made is likely to have unsatisfactory consequences.