Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerrywig

I'm trying to enter foreign income with an exchange rate of 1.0, but when it saves, it corrects to 0.0001 - why?

If you go back in to review the value it then recalculates on the 0.0001 value and provides an incorrect total. Your workaround is not reliable.

I'm trying to enter foreign income with an exchange rate of 1.0, but when it saves, it corrects to 0.0001 - why?

Delete the original. Then enter in the information as you normally would. The bug happens when you go in to "verify" the entries. If you just enter the amounts and don't go back to edit them, the software calculates correctly.

Despite the displayed currency rate, on-line still calculates the income correctly on your T1 if you enter amounts in CAD and enter a rate of 1.0000 . This works fine if you already get your Foreign amount converted into CAD and directly deposited.
I've already filed my wife's return with UK amounts so recorded. it was correctly stated on the T1, she's been assessed and today got a rebate for the exact amount produced by Turbotax on-line. My own on-line return is working fine with similar inputs.