Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
db-c

In the T1135 Simplified section, are Income and Gain only applicable to stocks sold? (I have non-dividend US stocks, and am assuming zero income or gain if no sales?)

2 Replies

In the T1135 Simplified section, are Income and Gain only applicable to stocks sold? (I have non-dividend US stocks, and am assuming zero income or gain if no sales?)

“Gross income from all specified foreign property” would be something like rental income, dividends or some other ongoing income source while you still own the property.

“Gain(loss) from the disposition from all specified foreign property” would be any income from selling (or otherwise disposing of) the property.

sr0509

Can this "specified foreign property" be unit linked life insurance policy maturity? Once it matures before death, should the bonus/earning should be considered as Gain (loss) from the disposition?