Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Turbotax Standard does not have 776 AUTO (vehicle exps for rentals) or detailed CCA schedules for rentals

Hello, few questions below:

1) My Turbotax Standard does not have 776 AUTO schedules where I can enter a vehicle, rental mileage and gas/car insurance/maintenance expenses for each rental property that I own. Where can I find the auto schedules for T776 rental properties? Will I have these available to me if I were to upgrade to Turbotax Premier?

2) My Turbotax Standard has just the simplified CCA schedule in its T776 rental form where I just enter UCC opening balance and CCA class to claim the CCA. I am trying to claim CCA on my Class 10.1 car based on mileage, and it does not let me enter the details. If I were to upgrade to Turbotax Premier, would I have the detailed CCA schedules available to me?

3) I have properties where I own 50%/50% with a joint venture partner. I will be entering the T776 forms for these properties as partnership. If we were to take CCA on the buildings (class 1), would the UCC be the full balance? or 50% of the UCC balance? (e.g. Building cost is $700k. Does each partner enter in $350k UCC opening balance? or $700k UCC opening balance each and the program calculates the 50% for me after?)

Thank you.

1 Reply

My Turbotax Standard does not have 776 AUTO (vehicle exps for rentals) or detailed CCA schedules for rentals

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.