Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wife owns 50% of rental Property. Do I have to "Enter new disposition" for my wife with the same info or does TurboTax do it automatically?

I sold my Rental property in 2015...I filled out the Capital Gains section and put 50 in the heading "Percentage claimed on spouse's return (if applicable)  because she owns 50%.. My question is do I have to "Enter new disposition" for my wife with the same info or does TurboTax do it automatically?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My wife owns 50% of rental Property. Do I have to "Enter new disposition" for my wife with the same info or does TurboTax do it automatically?

Good morning,

If you own a rental property for 50% with your spouse, you have to enter all the informations related to this rental property in your return and in your spouse's return. Including dispositions.

Thank you!

Magalie@TurboTax

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Good morning,

If you own a rental property for 50% with your spouse, you have to enter all the informations related to this rental property in your return and in your spouse's return. Including dispositions.

Thank you!

Magalie@TurboTax