Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a non-resident of Canada. Can TurboTax Canada help me file my return in Canada, or do I need to be a Canadian resident?

3 Replies

I am a non-resident of Canada. Can TurboTax Canada help me file my return in Canada, or do I need to be a Canadian resident?

If you’re a non-resident or a deemed non-resident of Canada, you will not be able to NETFILE your tax return. You will have to print and mail or fax it to the CRA. (Fax is a temporary measure due to the long international mail delays).

To learn more, please visit TurboTax webpage: The Ultimate Tax Guide For Non-Residents

Thank you for choosing TurboTax!

It does not appear that TurboTax can help me as a non-resident.  I believe non-residents need to file on form 5013 which I don't believe TurboTax offers.  I wish TurboTax made this clearer before I spent a lot of time entering my information to populate the T1 forms (which I don't believe have any use for me).  I'll be requesting a refund.  

You can request a refund for your TurboTax product(s) within 60 days of the original purchase date by clicking on the following link: How do I get a refund for a TurboTax product? and fill out the form. If further help is needed please contact our phone support team to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us
Thank you for choosing TurboTax!