Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter my foreign pension

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If you have a foreign pension you need to report, you would need to use the Foreign Income page. The fastest way to get there would be to use the “Find” tool in the blue bar on the top right corner. Click “Find” and search for “Foreign Income”, then select it from the list and click on the “Go” button.

Then click on “Enter Foreign Income”. Enter amounts in Canadian dollars or enter them in the foreign currency and enter the exchange rate in the box provided. TurboTax converts the amount to Canadian dollars for you.

Click “Done with Foreign Income” to save the information you have entered.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you have a foreign pension you need to report, you would need to use the Foreign Income page. The fastest way to get there would be to use the “Find” tool in the blue bar on the top right corner. Click “Find” and search for “Foreign Income”, then select it from the list and click on the “Go” button.

Then click on “Enter Foreign Income”. Enter amounts in Canadian dollars or enter them in the foreign currency and enter the exchange rate in the box provided. TurboTax converts the amount to Canadian dollars for you.

Click “Done with Foreign Income” to save the information you have entered.

When I enter my US social security pension in puts it under other employment income.  It should be under line 11500.  Why is this happening?