Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVESTMENT INCOME REPORTED ON T5-Slip -- TurboTax asks me again about interest earned....

I reported investment income via the T5 I received (imported from CRA).      On one of the subsequent TurboTax pages, titled "Your investments profile for 2021", do I need to put a check mark in the "Interest and Investment Income" box as well?      (is this question leading me for additional information?   or is this for different/other interest earned and I should ignore this question (leave box blank) ?)

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

INVESTMENT INCOME REPORTED ON T5-Slip -- TurboTax asks me again about interest earned....

Once you entered your investment income in T5, you do not have to enter the amount of Interest and other investment income again. If you have any interest income and other investment income that you did not mention on T5, you can enter it here. You should leave the box blank.

For more information on Interest and other investment income visit this page of the Canada Revenue Agency: - Interest and other investment income

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Once you entered your investment income in T5, you do not have to enter the amount of Interest and other investment income again. If you have any interest income and other investment income that you did not mention on T5, you can enter it here. You should leave the box blank.

For more information on Interest and other investment income visit this page of the Canada Revenue Agency: - Interest and other investment income

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

THANK YOU !