Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saffcan
Returning Member

My wife has not yet been to Canada and does not live in Canada. We married in 2020. What to I put for her province of residence?

2 Replies

My wife has not yet been to Canada and does not live in Canada. We married in 2020. What to I put for her province of residence?

This is something to discuss with the customs people, not a TurboTax or Intuit issue.

saffcan
Returning Member

Hi DanPaul03,

This was a question with options to click on. Contacting Canada Customs is not necessary.

If you can't give me an answer then please pass this on to one of your colleagues.

The question on the tax form was : What is your wife's province or residence ?

We were married in 2020 in Vietnam and her paperwork to come to Canada is presently in process. Long delays due to covid. 

There are only a limited amount of options to choose from when you click on "select".

My question is : What would be my best option? Don't click anything, leave on select? Or click on British Columbia because that's where I live? Or do I click on non-resident ?

Thank you