Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allenvida

Why did business-use-of-home expenses are just applied to me, not to my spouse while other expenses and income do? I have entered 50 for him and myself.

2 Replies
allenvida

Why did business-use-of-home expenses are just applied to me, not to my spouse while other expenses and income do? I have entered 50 for him and myself.

well, my business use of the home is $21,008 which %14 of it is eligible($3,571). My income is $7,142.

The business is a partnership so the result for both of us has to be $2,070. instead it is $3,571 for my husband and $570.28 for me. It means business use of the home has just been applied to me.

I have entered 50 for myself and 50 for my husband for Partnership share in "Details of partners other than yourself"

So I don't know why this is not working for business use of the home?

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online? And which version - ex: Standard/Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business/Self-Employed?