Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconciling T3’s and T5’s with CRA

This is more of a feature request than a bug, but it is an area of turbo tax (and quick tax) which has not evolved and is one of the more challenging aspects of Turbotax if you have investment income.  T5’s and T3’s and reconciling against what CRA has, and what I should have is difficult.  It’s the one area that if I’m going to make a mistake, it’s in missing one of these slips.  I used to think the T1- Supplementary had all the slips, but turns out it doesn’t (if a slip only has other income, it’s not on that list).  To make it more fun, I get a “bundled” T3’s from the provider, but CRA shows it by the individual securities, and invariably there’s a mismatch between what I have at filing time and what CRA has.  There is no way in Turbo tax to print this out (Cannot print the easy step summary page nor in the T-slips dialog).   Turbotax needs a way to simplify this reconciliation, even if it’s just the ability to dump out a worksheet that has all the info.   

1 Reply

Reconciling T3’s and T5’s with CRA

Thank you for your feedback, and for bringing this to our attention, we value your opinion and will mention it to our development team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.