Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the UCC on a 4-unit rental property that ended 2019 with a UCC of $115,456 when I spent $105,360 in 2020 renovating two of the units so they could be rented?

Can I claim the Accelerated Investment Incentive?
1 Reply

What is the UCC on a 4-unit rental property that ended 2019 with a UCC of $115,456 when I spent $105,360 in 2020 renovating two of the units so they could be rented?

The steps to Calculate UCC are below:

1. Start with your UCC in any class and add the amount you spent on a new property in the class.
  2. Then, subtract the proceeds you earned from the disposition of property in that class.

For more details, please see  the link below: Recapture of Capital Cost Allowance

According what you have done in renovating you need to find  the correct class .Classes of depreciable property.

Not all property can be applied AII .To know if you can claim see the list on the following link:

What is the capital cost allowance (CCA) on accelerated investment incentive properties and zero-emi...

TurboTax article Accelerated Investment Incentive

Please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter if you require further assistance.