Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I claim the us with holding tax on a property sale whic I will get back the year

it is the FIRPTA  holding tax on a property sale 15 % of the sale price

3 Replies

Where do I claim the us with holding tax on a property sale whic I will get back the year

Are you looking for the Foreign Tax Credit? Please click on the Find icon (magnifying glass) at the top of the screen inside your return. Enter Foreign and highlight Foreign Tax Credit then GO

For more information see our TurboTax FAQ: Taxes From Selling Foreign Investments

Please contact the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for further information at 1-800-959-8281.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

Cookie19
Returning Member

I have the same issue with selling a property in the USA.    I report the sale of a house (asset) in schedule 3 where I have done all the conversions, but where do I input the foreign tax credit as T2209 is driven by T Slips?  Foreign tax credit, takes you to foreign slip or T2209?

In order to help you with this, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to guide you. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When the system asks if you wish to receive an email say NO to speak to a live person.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.