Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter self-employment expenses such as professional development or foreign exchange loss? The self-employment questionnaire doesn't have a general "other".

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where do I enter self-employment expenses such as professional development or foreign exchange loss? The self-employment questionnaire doesn't have a general "other".

You can enter the both the professional development fees and the foreign exchange loss as "Other Expenses".

The last page of the Expenses portion of the Self-Employment section in the TurboTax Self-Employed Online asks for "Other Expenses". There is only one line, so you'll need to enter the total of the expenses.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You can enter the both the professional development fees and the foreign exchange loss as "Other Expenses".

The last page of the Expenses portion of the Self-Employment section in the TurboTax Self-Employed Online asks for "Other Expenses". There is only one line, so you'll need to enter the total of the expenses.

Thanks @TurboTaxSusan, I was going into the other expenses "guide me" and didn't find an option in there for expenses that weren't in enumerated "other" list. I guess I just enter them at the main "other" screen.