turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Covid-19 (Coronavirus) personal finance thread

I have lost the pre paid card i was sent from last year that my economic relief money went to. Greendot doesn't answer their phone and does not have a way for me to get any info with out the 16 card number- which i don't have ....anyone have any idea how i get a replacement? or know a way to contact them.

UPDATE 12:00PM i had the issue where it showed the last 4 of my SSN and i just got it deposited on the Turbo Tax card

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

For lost, stolen, or cards never received, visit https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/contact-us .

If you have set up your online account you can click on the link to Report a lost, stolen, or damaged card.  Otherwise call the phone number provided.  Press 2 to continue with the automated system, do not enter SS# at this point, Press 1, Press 2, now enter your SS# and continue following the prompts.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

@tal0s1 

It is not 100% confirmed that the use of refund transfer service causes your Economic Impact Payment to be sent via check rather than direct deposit.  A number of taxpayers have different experiences with this.  

For the most relevant and up-to-date information about your specific situation, it is best to check the new IRS portal that went live this morning, April 15, 2020.  

Keep in mind that the portal is still being updated, and not all taxpayers will immediately find information about their payment.   This does not necessarily indicate a problem - the portal is still a work in progress.

If information is not available today, it is advised to check again tomorrow as most IRS systems update during overnight hours.  

All taxpayers to whom a payment attempt was made today will receive a letter at the address on file with the IRS within 15 days, outlining the details of the payment attempt and providing instructions to address payments that may not have been received. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The account the IRS sent my money to is a Green Dot account associated with Turbo Tax not me. 

so now what do I do and how did you make the decision to prefill my direct deposit information?!

Hello I have an interesting issue I need help resolving and I can't find anywhere else for help. I filed my taxes before my parents this year and I thought I would be declared as a dependent but come to find out I couldn't. So on my taxes I put i could be claimed as a dependent but I was not. So 4 weeks ago I filed and amended for my taxes because I am worried about the stimulus check because I have been out of work for a month(restaurant server). I checked the online portal to see my payment status and it said they couldn't determine my payment. Is there anything I can do? Just hope they send the check when my amend is accepted. And on top of it my bank account changed. Thanks for the help.

Mitch

Ckirkland1971
Returning Member

Found out through the one time we were able to get through to the automated system that our stimulus payment went into the turbo card from last year. Went to request another card and it just says there is a problem  and hangs up!. I realize this a green dot corporation but this is a card turbo tax has its name on. The card stinks to use , it's hard to get money out of and you cant transfer it directly to you checking account.  The whole system is down and is holding stimulus funds ! I've reached out to national news outlets . Fix the problem before it's too late. 

Ckirkland1971
Returning Member

Turbo card need to make getting a new card fast and easy, or need to give us a way to log in to the old account . Plus there better be no fees involved with getting that money transferred into our regular banks accounts. I . Or I guarantee there will be a law suit involved.   I called again and it says try again tomorrow.  Yes you can use your ss# to find out about your account but it doesnt let you find out the card number so you can log in or the cc number. Asking for another card just shuts you down. I dont even want to know how long it will take to get a new card. !! I want to just get the money transferred to my bank! If you want to charge 5 bucks or something to do it fine. It needs to get done soon. 

Ckirkland1971
Returning Member

Doesnt work, cant take money out that way anyway as far as I know and you cant get the card number to retrieve a log in info. They need to just figure out a way for us to transfer all that money into out own banks .

Just a little heads up but I’ve been using TurboTax for the past few years, and have always gotten the intuit turbo debit card. Now according to recent updates the stimulus payments should be direct deposited onto the card that’s associated with the routing number and account number on your most recent return... right??? Well double check it!! On my return for this year it had my routing number and account number that went with A card I had 3 YEARS AGO!!!! I Received a new card this year and every card has a new routing number and account number. Now Second go to irs.gov website and go to where you can select get my payment and put in your info.... I did this and found out, even though I had an account number and everything on my return it still said there was no info regarding direct deposit information!! I had to enter a routing number and account number so that it wouldn’t be sent in check form. I went ahead and used my chime info to complete the process. Just be sure to double check everything and make sure Everything matches up especially if you’ve gotten a different intuit card within the past 4 yrs just to be on the safe side. I would hate to see someone’s stimulus go on a card they no longer have!!!! 

mhann95
Returning Member

I filed my taxes and received a return. On my return I checked someone can claim me as a dependent because I live at home. It turns out I made to much to be claimed, but, my taxes still say it. Will I get a stimulus check?

I have the same issue I filled and amended return a month ago to hopefully fix the issue. But haven't received a response.

mhann95
Returning Member

I have been asking everywhere and the only advice I got was to refile like you did. Hopefully, someone knows.

SarahJ20

I got an email today from turbo tax themselves and said that I will be getting my stimulus check from the IRA today (April 15 2020)  and said it would be put into my turbo card... yet when I log into the app TurboTax and Turbo itself it won't even let me see what my account balance is and I can't even get ahold of someone to see my account balance ... please help??? How can I see what's on my card and what's not 

Having no straight answer on whether the turbocard was gonna be used for stimulus payment, i went on today and changed it to my varo account. That being said of course my fiance who also had turbocard gets hers tonight and I didn't get it yet now because of the lack of information provided by turbo. I find it hard to believe a company directly connected with the irs naturally cause you deal with income tax didnt know if we could get it on the same card or not. Next year I will not be using TurboTax again. On the verge of losing everything just to get computer generated responses so many times i panic and put in different bank info just to find out hours later i didn't need to. 👍 turbo<any other tax place 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies