Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are others able to print forms? When I try to print, I just get the message that I can check for updates after January 1st. Updating the software software doesn't help?

Does anytone else have this problem?
6 Replies

Are others able to print forms? When I try to print, I just get the message that I can check for updates after January 1st. Updating the software software doesn't help?

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)’s NETFILE Service for the 2022 tax year will open on Monday, February 20, 2023 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. You will be able to print or file your return at that time. 

lgroom

Yesterday, February 23rd, I was able to save a PDF of my son's return and netfile it, but today when trying to do my taxes, I just get the error message mentioned here and am unable to do anything to get past it.  I did check for updates and it tells me that Turbo Tax is up to date, but it doesn't solve the issue.  Now what?

@lgroom Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online? What is the exact error message that you are getting?

bst3

I have same/similar problem. Using TurboTax desktop version. Today is February 28, 2023. I cannot save or print PDF. The error message says that I need to check for updates anytime after early January. Program is up to date, nothing under "check for updates" but error persists. I have uninstalled and re-installed 2 times (with full reboots in between).

lgroom

I discovered that there are only certain forms that are locked, in my case it's the one to do with accumulated capital gains/losses. It said it would be updated on March 2nd. (Don't ask exactly where I found the info, I probably couldn't find it again!) So I'll check for an update on the 2nd and hopefully be able to print and file then. At least that explained to me why I was able to print and netfile my kids returns that didn't use that particular form.

bst3

You are absolutely right. I have found that the same form created the issue. I have tried printing individual forms and through process of elimination run into the same form. I have contacted TurboTax support and they confirmed that form will be locked until March 2nd. It would be nice if the error message was more specific.