Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkira2424

How can I print off 2022 tax return so I can mail it to the government? I forgot to mail the one from last year and I have to because it was my first return ever.

How can I print off 2022 tax return so I can mail it to the government? I forgot to mail the one from last year and I have to because it was my first return ever; when I access 2022 on the My Returns to the left of the screen, I can open it but it has a Duplicate do not mail across it? Can I not actually open the full return?
1 Reply

How can I print off 2022 tax return so I can mail it to the government? I forgot to mail the one from last year and I have to because it was my first return ever.

Please follow below steps to get a return printed without watermark with TurboTax Download:

If you are using the Easy Step Interview, switch to forms by pressing Ctrl+R on your keyboard.

1. From the File menu, select Print, and then Print Return.

2. Click Continue button on a screen Save a copy of your return for your records

3. Click Save PDF of Return to Mail

4. Save the PDF file

This file does not contain any watermark and It can be opened and printed later using Adobe reader.

You get one condensed copy to send which includes everything needed for the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) in the form T1KS computerized read form, including the provincial forms. As a second copy, it will have the watermark. 

There is no way to print a copy of your taxes without the watermark after you've Netfiled.  (This system was created because according to the CRA, many people were apparently Netfiling and then sending in printed copies. This was causing problems at the assessment level.)

Here are instructions on how to print your return without watermarks.

The option to print a tax return becomes visible only after you pay for that specific tax return. After you pay, the FILE menu lists the print options available to you. To print for the purpose of mailing to the CRA or save a copy for your own records for your current tax return, follow the directives provided below. 

Two options for printing; 

a) one is to print and mail to the CRA which will provide you with a PDF with no watermarks, or 

b) you can skip the print & mail and click continue which will give you the option to print for your own records (with watermarks) before you Netfile. 

After payment has been processed, in the side menu, select FILE, and then select Print & Mail your return to access the PDF without watermarks. 

On the screen select the link to open a PDF copy of your return, which will download to your computer automatically, open the PDF and click on Print, this will be the copy you would send to the CRA without the watermark on it. Hit Done. You will then be directed to download a copy with watermarks for your own records.

How do I print a copy of my tax return in TurboTax?

Thank you for using TurboTax.