Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alayala79

Can I switch to the desktop version, I started the online version of turboTax, but seems I cannot file/print the return since I'm living in the US now.

1 Reply

Can I switch to the desktop version, I started the online version of turboTax, but seems I cannot file/print the return since I'm living in the US now.

If you have an address outside of Canada, you won’t be able to use NETFILE regardless of what software you are using. You will either have to send your return by mail or by fax. If you are using TurboTax Online, select File > Filing Hub* from the left side menu. Then click on "Print & Mail your return(s)" to go to a page where you can download a special version of your return to print off. You can find the address or fax number to use on this Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) page: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/where-mail-your-paper-t1-retur...

If you would prefer to use TurboTax CD/Download instead of TurboTax Online, you can, but you would have to start your return over. You can’t open a TurboTax Online return in TurboTax CD/Download.