Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ced11061

Security Issue : Is there a way to turn off your personal information unless printing a mailed or electronically submitted copy?

The workaround, of course, is to not enter it until the last minute, but I'm not fond of the idea of accidentally sending the IRS taxes from "John Smith, [phone number removed]".  Is there a way for TT to only print your personal information on a form for mailing or electronic submission? If not, I think it should be a feature added to TT. Thanks.

2 Replies

Security Issue : Is there a way to turn off your personal information unless printing a mailed or electronically submitted copy?

Your question has been posted in the TurboTax Live Community for Canada. For enquiries on U.S. matters, please contact them directly.

US Live Community Support

sunshinesmile
Returning Member

This feature should be added to Turbo Tax Canada as well. Luckily, I own Adobe Acrobat so I can put a password on my saved pdf's, otherwise, a hacker could easy read/find confidential info on the unsecured pdf file.