cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboTax Support
Intuit

Where is my TurboTax installation key?

Instructions to install TurboTax CD/Download software

If you didn't receive your receipt by email within 24 hours of purchase, contact TurboTax Support to get a copy of your receipt.

If you purchased TurboTax CD/Download directly from us via TurboTax.ca, your installation key (or license code) appears on the electronic receipt that's emailed to you.

It’s a good idea to check your junk mail folder to make sure your TurboTax receipt didn’t end up there by mistake.

If you purchased a TurboTax CD from a retail store, your installation key (or license code) is on the sleeve that the CD came in.

If you did not receive one on your CD sleeve, contact TurboTax Support.

If your box says TurboTax Standard Online Edition on it, you don't need an installation key. You have purchased the online edition of TurboTax and there's nothing to download or install.

You'll find your prepayment code and instructions on how to use it on the card that came inside the box.

If you didn't receive a card, contact TurboTax Support.

Related information

In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I use a prepayment or activation code?

What should I do if I’m unable to activate my copy of TurboTax CD/download edition using Internet Activation?

What should I do if I'm getting a TurboTax activation error?

Frequently asked questions about installing the TurboTax CD/download edition

How do I install TurboTax for the current tax year after I download it from the Internet?

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in
v