Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Auto-fill imported a T4A I received and added a Releve 1 Box O amount, but the matching T4A I received only has a releve 27, no releve 1, do I delete the releve 1?

1 Reply

The Auto-fill imported a T4A I received and added a Releve 1 Box O amount, but the matching T4A I received only has a releve 27, no releve 1, do I delete the releve 1?

If your T4A is reporting a Self-Employed income, TurboTax will transfer that amount on the T2125 form and create an RL-1 to report it also on the Quebec TP80 as Self-Employed income. 

About the RL-27 slip

First of all, you have to identify the nature of this government assistance that was granted to you. It's primordial.  If it's the same amount then your T4A then it's already been taken care of by TurboTax and you have nothing more to do to report it.  

Provincial ministries are required to produce a "Government Payments" Relevé 27 to recipients of financial assistance provided under its programs, whether to an individual, a corporation or a partnership.

If you are an individual, you generally do not have to include these amounts or attach this statement to your tax return. Ex .: Energy efficiency of your personal home 

If this assistance was granted to you as part of a business or self-employment, then you are using the T-2125.  You must either decrease the amount of the related expense or reduce the capital cost of the property that it has partially financed or report it as other income.

You will find more information on that specific program and the TP-1029 form in the Provincial section of TurboTax (  click Provincial from the left menu in TurboTax).