Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tuna2015
Returning Member

Two T4s and one RL-1, box C

I am a resident of Quebec, working in the province, and I received two T4s and one RL-1 from the same employer. When I try to enter the RL-1 slip on it's own, I cannot edit box C. I know it's supposed to match box 18 of the matching T4 slip but since there is no corresponding T4 slip, I need to know how to manually enter the amount into TurboTax that I have on my RL-1. Any help would be much appreciated.

(I don't understand why you can't enter these slips separately form each other. I always have to go in and edit the RL-1 anyways, so why not have an option to add it separately?)

6 Replies

Same here!!

tuna2015
Returning Member

I talk to someone in the chat and they weren't very helpful. Your better off filling with another tax software that allows to enter all your slips separately.

Thanks for your advice, I was about to give up!

But I combined my two T4!

It corrected box C on relevé 1 so it didn't matter that I couldn't edit it.

I'm done 😅

Hi @tuna2015 
I would not be surprised if you worked for a School board. For some reasons, certain School board ("Centre de services" or formerly known as "Commissions scolaires") do that. 

@Genivi 's solution to combine both T4s together is the way to go!  Good call!  By doing so, your on-screen Relevé 1 (RL-1) will be pre-filled and will more than likely match the RL-1 you have on hand (unless an unlikely error was made by the issuer).  As @Genivi rightly pointed, Quebec Tax Withheld at source will require an entry, and other boxes as well (like Box J, if applicable).

So if the two T4s are combined and RL-1 is pre-fill expect box A, G and I. What should I do or I leave blank.

Hello @Oeniola3 

Great question. Don't leave them blank. Enter the necessary amount to match the RL-1 you have on hand.

Have a nice day!