Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haldorsonb
Returning Member

Adjust CCA claimed - Online version

Is it not possible to adjust the amount of CCA I want to claim for my self-employment vehicle?

Using the Online Self-Employment version.

It is automatically applying the max CCA amount when I don't need to claim it all

5 Replies

Did you transfer your 2022 information into your 2023 tax return? If yes, this is possibly why there is a certain amount in your CCA for your vehicle. 

Otherwise it would ask how much was left of the CCA. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Haldorsonb
Returning Member

I did transfer my info from 2022 to 2023, but it didn't pull over anything from my prior CCA claim except the vehicle #1 name.

But I am doing a new equipment addition (vehicle #2) with a CCA claim and that is the one I want to adjust the amount on, but there is no where to adjust it

Which class are you using 10.1 or 54? 

Haldorsonb
Returning Member

Class 54. It qualifies for the AII which I applied, but I do not want to claim all 100% this year

Here are the steps to take to change your CCA for the year- In your T2125 Business Statement  1 scroll all the way down until you see 'For purchases during the year, make sure you put a checkmark next to the property that is eligible for the Accelerated Investment Incentive (AII), a Zero-Emission Vehicle (ZEV), or a Designated Immediate Expensing Property (DIEP).' Make sure you enter class 54 -property details - check off ZEV/AII with the total cost.
Scroll down and just above the box Calculation of Motor Vehicle Expenses you will see '...to change your calculated CCA amounts, click here'
You see the page T2125 Opening Balances for CCA   (vehicle)
Enter class 54
Click on Change calculated CCA amounts at the bottom of the page
It takes you again to T2125 Opening Balances for CCA (vehicle) where you can change CCA for the year for the amount you want.
Click Done.