Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
williewongfat
Returning Member

I am buying the Turbotax in Ontario, can that version be used for Vancouver residence tax return?

My son is residence of Vancouver. Can I file his return in Ontario using the Turbo tax version downloaded in Ontario. I am also using the same version for myself in Ontario.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am buying the Turbotax in Ontario, can that version be used for Vancouver residence tax return?

Yes you can.  The software will ask the address and province of residence.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Yes you can.  The software will ask the address and province of residence.

The online software will handle returns for any province or territory.  Just make sure to enter the address information correctly, and the province of residence correctly.

The same with the desktop software.

Short answer, no.
If he wants to file as a BC Resident he must use the BC return.
BC tax code is different from ON in many ways, even down to credits applicable.

Wow...way to miss the mark.

Yes, I read this as asking whether a BC resident can use an Ontario return. The answer to that is no.

Big miss.  Good thing the TurboTax staff caught it.  Even I understood the original question.
williewongfat
Returning Member

Thanks you so much, guys. This helps.

Hey glad to help.  David,  Tony, let's behave please.