Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acottj

Can I claim $2/day covid employment expenses from a 9-5 job that forced me to work from home and claim business-use-of-home expenses from a separate self employment job?

I have a normal 9 to 5 office job as my main source of income. Due to the pandemic, they made us work from home which makes me eligible for the $2/day flat rate employment expenses. I also freelance on the side as a photographer and part of my loft is a studio for photography and I claim 1/4 of it as business-use-of-home expenses. Can I claim both of these since they are separate jobs?
1 Reply

Can I claim $2/day covid employment expenses from a 9-5 job that forced me to work from home and claim business-use-of-home expenses from a separate self employment job?

Yes, you can claim both for your separate jobs If you meet all of the following conditions for the temporary flat rate method  and business-use-of-home expense 
Note: You must separate the expenses between your employment use and non-employment (personal) use of your home
For more information, please see the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) link as Home office expenses for employees 
Thank you for using TurboTax