Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you tell me if Turbo Tax applies the education credits to your return, or the federal government does this when they do their assessment?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can you tell me if Turbo Tax applies the education credits to your return, or the federal government does this when they do their assessment?

You need to provide the information for the credits you are claiming.  If you are referring to credits that have been carried forward from past returns, then yes, even if you do not include them in your current return if needed, then CRA will do so for you.  However the credits do have to have been included in a tax return at some point.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You need to provide the information for the credits you are claiming.  If you are referring to credits that have been carried forward from past returns, then yes, even if you do not include them in your current return if needed, then CRA will do so for you.  However the credits do have to have been included in a tax return at some point.