Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I include all "other supplies" used for running my business in the Office Supplies section?

2 Replies

Do I include all "other supplies" used for running my business in the Office Supplies section?

You may put other supplies' expenses as they might be eligible for a tax deduction. You can include small items such as pencils, pens, stamps, paper clips, and stationery, even the cost of cleaning supplies. However, do not include desks, chairs, filing cabinets, and calculators because those are capital items.

For more information, you can visit our TurboTax article - The Big List of Small Business Tax Deductions

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

Office supplies are items that support short-term operation and they usually need to be refilled or replaced. Examples: printer ink, paper clips, paper, pens, staples, note pads and such.

If what you are referring to as "other supplies" is related to those items, yes you can use the "Office Supplies" section.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.