Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pkozanov

Hello! Last year I traded some derivatives (covered calls and naked puts), and I have incurred some profits and losses. Which form should I use to declare them?

CRA instructed me to use Schedule 3 (Line 151 and 153, but those lines are normally used for bonds, debentures and promissory notes. Is this the proper form to use and if so, how do you enter the premiums amount, expiration dates, number of contracts, etc?
1 Reply

Hello! Last year I traded some derivatives (covered calls and naked puts), and I have incurred some profits and losses. Which form should I use to declare them?

You can report your capital gains/losses for Publicly traded shares, mutual fund units, deferral of eligible small business corporation shares, and other shares under Schedule 3, Line 131 and 132. 

In TurboTax Free (Online), 

--> Go to the Income section

--> Select Investments, then select "Capital Gains and Capital Gains Deduction Profile"

--> Check the box "Sold stocks, bonds, real estate, other capital property, or sold qualified small business corporation shares and/or qualified farm property and you have a capital gain or loss to report"  and then Continue. 

--> Enter the information of your capital properties.