Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert24

Can I remove CCA calculation on Rental income?

In Rental income, by mistake I checked "added a building" and entered a value. When I realized this was a mistake, I went back and unchecked the box. But now it is printing a CCA sheet with the incorrect value I first entered. How do I remove the value?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Simply unchecking the box does not remove all of the entries that you had previously entered.  In order to fix this, you should check the box once again and follow through on the screens until you get to the entries that you originally made and delete them all.  Once you do that you can then go back and uncheck the box once again and the CCA values that were there should now all be removed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Simply unchecking the box does not remove all of the entries that you had previously entered.  In order to fix this, you should check the box once again and follow through on the screens until you get to the entries that you originally made and delete them all.  Once you do that you can then go back and uncheck the box once again and the CCA values that were there should now all be removed.

Refer to the screen shot above. Unchecking a box simply allows you to move past the screen as a short cut through the software. All information must be adjusted manually.

In the CCA section of the rental properties section of Turbo Tax you can remove the amount calculated by the software as the maximum available claim. Reduce or remove the amount as applicable. (see screen shot)

How do I get to this screen.  somehow, I did not get this screen, unless I am missing the step.